1. Bernardo Flores Alcaraz
…Every single piece of me weeps. Mama, don’t forget me.
2. Felipe Arnulfo Rosa
…I thought the last breath was supposed to be a spectacle, one last grand epiphany. It’s not.
3. Benjamín Acergo Bautista
…Be good, hermanita, be good.
4. Israel Caballero Sánchez
…I… I think I forgot to feed the cat. I’m so sorry.
5. José Ángel Navarrete González
…It feels like floating, I promise you, it’s just like that.
6. Marcial Pablo Baranda
…The colours were the first to fade away… goodbye, goodbye.
7. Jorge Antonio Tizapa Legideño
…Maribel, you were the sun.
8. Miguel Ángel Mendoza Zacarías
…‘Another lover hits the universe.’ Bang. We’re gone.
9. Abel García Hernández
…Now the past holds all my tenderness for you.
10. Emiliano Alen Gaspar de la Cruz
…Joke’s on us. The joke is always on us.
11. Dorían González Parral
…At least you’re here with me.
12. Jorge Luis González Parral
…Yeah, at least there’s that.
13. Alexander Mora Venancio
…Does it hurt? Good.
14. Saúl Bruno García
…The soil in my mouth is restless.
15. Luis Angel Abarca Carillo
…Mother, I know you feel like your words aren’t good enough, but they are, they are. Don’t let him follow me too soon.
16. Jorge Álvarez Nava
…I should’ve danced more, drank more, fucked more.
17. Magdaleno Rubén Lauro Villegas
…Oranges. That’s what I’ll miss the most.
18. José Luis Luna Torres
…I didn’t have enough time to fuck up, I should be grateful. I am not.
19. Jesús Jovany Rodríguez Tlatempa
…There are more, the earth talks.
20. Mauricio Ortega Valerio
…Scream louder, we can’t hear you down here.
21. José Ángel Campos Cantor
…So many angels, just ordinary people.
22. Jorge Aníbal Cruz Mendoza
…They’re falling like flies, finally an enjoyable show.
23. Giovanni Galíndez Guerrero
…You’ve been infected now, leaking greenish yellow puss. This is just the beginning.
24. Joshvani Guerrero de la Cruz
…The war is happening between sinews and in the goose bumps of the country.
25. Carlos Lorenzo Hernández Muñoz
…Back home, finally.
26. Israel Jacinto Lugardo
…I inhabit the dark circles under the universe’s eyes.
27. Adrián Abrajan de la Cruz
…I’d make a handsome corpse if all the pieces were in the right place.
28. Abelardo Velasquez Periten
…Well, can’t say I’ve seen this coming.
29. Cristian Alfonso Rodríguez Telumbre
…Couldn’t fully follow your advice, dad. Their guns were big, but believe me, my insides were still fighting.
30. Martín Getsemany Sánchez García
…The man who did it was forged out of violence but his eyes were so beautiful.
31. Cutberto Ortíz Ramos
…They didn’t even let us hold hands.
32. Everardo Rodríguez Bello
…The tip of my tongue can tell exactly where my left foot is. Nowhere near that is.
33. Marco Antonio Gómez Molina
…I was supposed to be something more than this.
34. César Manuel González Hernández
…It was slower than a sun-melted snail.
35. Cristian Tomás Colón Garnica
…We were so many and I went so alone.
36. Luis Ángel Francisco Arzola
…They popped my eyes out like a pair of sweet vanilla ice cream scoops.
37. Leonel Castro Abarca
…It was like a great magic trick. Now you see me, now you…
38. Miguel Ángel Hernández Martínez
…I hope the weeds will love me as much as you did.
39. Jonás Trujillo González
…Was it worth it? In the end, there’s no good answer either way.
40. José Eduardo Bartolo Tlatempa
…My favourite sound in the universe was that of children playing.
41. Julio César López Patolzin
…Look ma, no hands, no teeth, no heart.
42. Carlos Iván Ramírez Villareal
…There is so much love in being swallowed whole. I will be taken care of.
43. Antonio Santana Maestro
…We were spilled for you, just some baby crusaders. Now you bare your teeth and fight.
Pic: Mike Lesser