- There are more than two sides to every story, but yours is the only one they are paying for.
- The most suspicious people are usually hiding something of their own, it isn’t your job to find out what that is.
- Sooner or later everybody becomes a ghost. Try to tune them out or you will lose a lot of sleep.
- You’re going to lose a lot of sleep.
- Whiskey is a fantastic chaser for misery. So is Miles Davis.
- The world isn’t all bad, but it helps if you believe it is.
- Never wear nice shoes.
- Don’t have any mirrors in your house, this makes it easier to avoid staring at the pathetic mess you’ve become.
- It’s never going to get easier, but you can help by forgetting who you are.
- Don’t try to explore your own mysteries, the answers will just make your work harder.
- If you give a part of you to every person who begs you for help, you’ll have no soul left when you really need it.
- You can never forget the most horrific things.
- You can only try to blur the memories.
- Find a vice, make it your life.
- You will never trust anybody again.
- Noir cinema is great, but it’s full of shit. For a start, the contrast is too light. The world is much darker than that.
Montage: Claire Palmer